Thursday, August 27, 2009
Quilt Number 2!!!
Introducing... the second quilt I've ever made! My mother-in-law decided that it would be in Elise (my sister-in-law) and my best interest to take a quilting class, so she signed us up! Thank GOD for that because we have learned so much!!! The class was 'Beginning Quilting 101' and was at "Let's Quilt!" in Oregon City. It was one Thursday a week for a month, and the goal was that in the 4 weeks worth of class, we would be able to make an entire quilt! And, not just a wall-hanging size one either.. No, it's bigger than a twin! Well, guess what! We did it!!! The quilt here is again the same pattern, but very different fabrics. It is called a Nine-patch and rail quilt. Elise and I worked our BUTTS off each week to complete these and we are so proud of the work we did!!! My mom will be getting mine for her birthday in October. In fact, tomorrow I am going to my mother-in-law's house to start the finishing touches (machine quilting, backing, binding). The next quilt I'm working on is a quilt for my sweet baby nephew-on-the-way! It is going to be absolutely the snuggliest sweetest quilt ever! Sorry sis! No peeking! Also, Elise and I signed up for a second class, that starts on September 10th! We are going to be making a "Martha Washington Star Quilt". Mine is going to be made out of Christmas fabrics. I'll post pics of the fabric soon so you can all see the quilt from start to finish. So anyways, check out my pictures below and let me know what you think!!!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to learn how to quilt so badly! I don't own a sewing machine though which is a problem. And I need to find a class around here. Love the quilts though they look great!
ReplyDelete